These are the beads from a bracelet that was given to me by one of my college roommates a few years ago. About a year ago, my little niece got her hands on it and broke the elastic that was holding the beads together. Instead of freaking out about it, I decided to make a necklace out of them.
After my mother gave me a pack of elastic cord that she found amongst some of her junk, I came up with this.
It needed more beads, but I didn't have the funds at the time to get any. This put work on the necklace to a halt. Around late November, I realized that my old key chain had some dark blue beads that I could use to fill out the necklace some more. So, I took the key chain apart and added them to what I had so far. The necklace was starting to look better, but it still needed more beads. Again, work on it was halted.
I was going to post a picture of what the necklace looks like currently, but my digital camera sucks up battery life like a sponge. That will be a blog post for another day.